Thursday, April 24, 2008

IF ONLY ...

Most of the time we take things for granted or sometimes procrastinate on things that we wanted to do. On the other hand we sometimes wants to do big things and forget the small ones. I would like to share this writing I read recently :

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country. But it, too, seemed immovable.
As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperated attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.
And now as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize: If I had only change myself first, then by example I would have changed my family. From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country and, who knows, I may have even chenged the world.
Anonymous


Let us all take note that start with us now and not ... IF ONLY

1 comment:

champ said...

Yup, right on bro. 'IF ONLY' people are sensitive enough about one another, this world would be a better place. 'IF ONLY' people care more for each other, there would surely be more love in this world. 'IF ONLY' we are not lazy enough to pick up that phone or sms or write emails to each other to say at the least 'Hi!', there would be less animosity of ill-feelings about each other. And 'IF ONLY' there's no 'IF ONLY' cos most of the time it's past tense, so cherish the present...